The students will be able to:
1. Become aware of stigma associated with mental illness and overcome their own apprehensions.
2. Demonstrate skills to communicate with an unwell person.
3. Identify effective ways of coping with stress.
4. Identify when they or a friend or family member is experiencing mental health problems or mental illness.
5. Provide clear, factual information about mental illness, its causes, and recovery.
6. Suggest strategies for seeking help.
7. Offer psychological first aid.
• The concept of mental health and mental illness.
• An outline introduction to mental illnesses.
• The stigma of mental illness.
• Self awareness, seeking help and finding support (stress management, relaxation techniques, anger management).
• Psychological first aid.
By the end of the internship, you are expected to:
1) Have worked with one patient & submit a case report.
2) Identify at least 5 people (you know directly or indirectly) who might have mental health issues.
3) Design a MHL project (Mental Health Literacy) for raising awareness about common mental health issues to influence 20-40 people during the internship.
4) Contribute towards promoting mental health care through social media.
5) Research and present topics assigned during the week.